Corporate Network Exposure Due to Social Engineering and Forensic Methods Used to Discover Intrusions: Computer Security
Technology is a wonderful tool; however a majority of network compromises occur as a result of some human failure. This paper presents the vulnerabilities of network security caused by human intervention. The major weakness of security in depth is network compromise brought about by a failure of human interaction with the technology not just the lack of critical defense software and hardware. Much effort is invested by network administrators to over come the results of failure to follow established security policies. The combination of security in depth technologies and policy enforcement will be presented as a technique to harden corporate network defenses.
||Computer Security, Social Engineering, Security
The International Journal of Technology, Knowledge and Society, Volume 3, Issue 2, pp.65-72.
Article: Print (Spiral Bound).
Article: Electronic (PDF File; 629.133KB).
Professor, Business & Information Systems Security, Dakota State University, Madison, South Dakota, USA
1971–1975 The Citadel Charleston, SC
• B.A., Business Administration and Political Science.
1976-1978 Troy State University Troy , AL
• M.S., Management
1981 Education Institute American Hotel/Motel
Association East Lansing, MI
• C.H.A., Hotel Management Certification
1998-2003 Capella University Minneapolis, MN
• Ph.D., Information Technology
• Research focus on business application of network technology, information systems security, and communication technology, Security Forensics .
• Sun Microsystems Object Oriented Programming , 2001 San Jose, CA
• Sun Microsystems XML Programming , 2001
• Sun Microsystems Java Programming, 2002
• Microsoft Applying Security Guidance Hands-On Lab July 2004
• PeopleSoft People Tools 2004 Calgary, CA
• SANS Intrusion Detection, Orlando, FL
• SANS Ethical Hacking, Orlando, FL
• Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator, EC Council August 2006
There are currently no reviews of this product.
Write a Review